Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just Shoot Us (from 7/16/2010)


So I'm not a fan of spending money on engagement photos, which is why we aren't.

...We're getting them for free!!!

After some (who am I kidding?  LOTS of) research, I tracked down a recent photography grad from U Arts in Philadelphia regarding our wedding photos.  She had already teamed up with two fellow grads to create their own business, but their portfolios were a little more artsy and a little less real people-y.  So I asked if they'd be comfortable doing a free engagement session to seal the deal with us.  It's a win-win.  We get free photos, get to try on a photographer for size, and they get to beef up their portfolio, and, if they deliver, a client.  Awesome.

So since Richie can only listen to my fashion-related rants so many times, I'm turning to this blog to mention that I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO WEAR!!!

Money's tight right now (I get paid at the end of the month, and at my 15th of the month checkpoint I wasn't in good shape, so...), so I won't be buying anything new for the shoot.

What I want:
  • A dress
  • Light, airy (it's going to be 90 degrees!)
  • Solid color (maybe neutral)
  • Some kind of statement jewelry (that pops against the neutral, light, airy dress, yes?)
  • Cute, comfortable shoes.  I hurt my foot last weekend and am actually more comfortable in heels.  So maybe a nice sturdy pair of wedges will fit the bill.
  • My hat, maybe?  I don't want to over-accessorize, but both Richie and I wear this hat and it makes for a nice photo prop.
 AND THEN, I need another outfit, since these things usually require a couple looks.  Looks like it's time to go shopping in my closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment