Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wedding Wear (from 8/12/2010)

Wedding season is upon us!  Well, not mine. And it's really probably in full-swing, but the weddings I'm going to this year are both happening this month.

The gifts have been bought, the hotel rooms have been reserved.  What is there left to do?  Why, pick out my outfits, of course! Because money's tight, I'm going to "shop my closet" for my looks.

[Note: I don't necessarily own all of these items-- just things similar. The images are the closest representations of the pieces I actually I own I could find.]

Wedding #1: Cape Cod. Afternoon. Ceremony in a church, outdoor reception at a farm.
Needs:
-Cool, light material
-Covered shoulders for ceremony (sleeves, convertible or accessory)
-Flats or wedges (lawn)

Here's what I'm thinking. Imagine the dress is more white, with small blue dots. And any metal accents are silver, not bronze/gold/brass colored.

What I actually have:
Dress: J. Crew, thrifted
Shoes: Aerosoles, Marshalls (or something like it)
Scarf: gift
Belt: Badass Diesel double-wrap, thrifted
Locket: vintage, gift
Clutch: vintage, thrifted

The scarf would be to cover my shoulders in the church. I can leave it in the car when we get to the reception.  I'm also undecided on which scarf to take. I have a couple pretty ones in teal, so that's why I picked teal for this board.

Wedding #2: New Jersey. Evening. Ceremony and reception in a backyard.
-Cool, light material
-Flats or wedges (lawn)
-Extra-stylish because many NYC folks will be there, haha-- the pressure's on!

Dress: unsure of the brand, Filene's Basement, Boston (the original...sob)
Shoes: BC Footwear (ostrich!), Marshalls
Necklace: vintage costume jewelry, gift? thrifted?
Pearl earrings: gift
Belt: Urban Outfitters, way back when
Clutch: vintage, thrifted


Okay, to be honest, I'm not really thrilled with these stylings (I think I need more POW! COLOR!). I'm going to have to go home and play a good old fashioned couple rounds of dress up!

Thoughts? Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment