Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Planning Our Elopement: A Series


Richie talked me into considering an elopement on Sunday, September 19th. After finding Judie and Liam of Guerrilla Weddings through Offbeat Bride, I was really warming up to the idea. Like a lot.

By the time I heard back from Judie (the civil officiant of Guerrilla Weddings), I was sold.

Our Wedding To-Do List looked a little something like this:

1. Pick a date/time/location for ceremony
2. Write our ceremony
3. Buy wedding rings
4. Find a wedding dress
5. Book a hotel room
6. Find accommodations for the cat
7. Get our marriage license

This list was SO TINY compared to the one we were previously working with for our June 2011 wedding for 60 people. Even though it's a lot to get done in 5 days, I had to laugh maniacally from time to time.

Next Up: How we tackled numbers 1 and 2.

1 comment:

  1. Just found you via Twitter and MAN am I glad this series exists! You are awesome and I look forward to reading more of your writing!

    ReplyDelete